How do I send a controlled substance in iPrescribe?
To send a controlled substance through iPrescribe, please have your token ready.
Please Note: A soft token should not be used to validate controlled substance prescriptions if the soft token and iPrescribe are on the same mobile device (per DEA regulations).
1. Once you have created a pending controlled substance prescription, tap the "Sign and Send" button.
2. Enter your signature password, and tap the "Sign & Send" button.
3. The following disclaimer screen will appear, and you must confirm your identity. Tap the "Continue" button.
4. Tap " Approve."
5. Select your token, enter your signing passphrase, and enter the one-time pin (OTP) from your EPCS token.
6. Tap " Sign" to send to the pharmacy.
Please Note: You will have four minutes to sign and send the controlled substance before the signing process times out.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.