How can I add a refund transaction to my patient's/client's transaction history for bookkeeping purposes?
See below to learn how to add a refund transaction to a patient's/client's transaction history for bookkeeping purposes:
1. Access the patient's/client's chart, and click on the "Billing" tab> "All Transactions."
2. Click on "Add a Transaction," as shown below.
3. Click on the "Entry Type" tab drop-down menu, and select "Payment." You should now see the following:
4. Enter a negative amount that corresponds with the amount you wish to refund, add any comments needed and click "Add transaction." If you wish to refund a credit card transaction manually for whatever reason, select payment type "miscellaneous payment."
5. The transaction should appear the same as shown below.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.