How do I manually refund a transaction in Payconex?
The process of refunding a transaction manually in Payconex is very simple and it just involves navigating to the transaction and clicking on the ''X' icon, which will process the refund. To start, please log into your merchant account via the Payconex portal by clicking here and following these steps:
1. Click on the "Reports" tab and then on "TRANSACTION SEARCH"
2. Enter your search criteria and click "Search". The last four numbers of the credit card that you will issue the refund for will provide results faster.
3. Once the transaction is pulled up, click on the red "X" to the far right of the transaction as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Click on "Refund Transaction".
For a partial refund, change the amount to what you want to refund. In addition, this will not auto-update the patient's/client's transaction list on Luminello. This must be done manually with the steps outlined here.
To update the transaction in Luminello:
1. Go into a patient's chart through the ''Charts'' tab or using the ''Shortcuts'' menu on the home page.
2. Click on the ''Billing'' tab.
3. Navigate to the billing transaction that you have refunded and update it as shown below.
If you have any questions, please contact us.