How do I import info from old charts?
We'd love to get you up and running as soon as possible, and while there is no quick fix for transitioning from your old system to Luminello, we've tried to simplify the process as much as possible:
Tips for transitioning from your old system
Regardless of what system you've been using, consider either of these approaches:
- The “Marathon” Route: Spend a weekend, or block a day or two off from work. Transfer all the info. Done. (And for inactive patient charts, consider if you really need to transfer them over.)
- The “Easy As You Go” Approach: Day by day, create new Luminello charts by spending a few minutes with patients/clients at the beginning or end of their sessions.
If you are switching from another EMR/EHR:
- All at once:
- We can import patient demographics from many EMRs and sometimes notes.
- First, confirm with your current vendor that they can provide an export for you.
- Then, send us the file with dummy info (i.e., just have one John Doe chart) on this template to review it and confirm it is compatible with our system. Any import that we can automate we're happy to do free of charge.
- Once we have confirmed the above, we will send you instructions on how to securely send us the patient info you wish for us to upload.
- Demographic and billing info:
- When active patients/clients are in front of you in session, you could then get more non-required info if you want into the chart, such as, “we are starting to use Luminello, can we review – your address is … and your phone is … and your birthday is … ” – so that you don’t have to do it all at once.
- For billing, you can say, “okay, you have a $100 balance … I’ll send you a final billing statement from our old system, then your first statement from Luminello will start with a balance of $100.”
- To start the first note, consider copying and pasting your last note directly from your old EMR directly into Luminello.
If you have an existing profile with DrFirst:
- An import process can be initiated to transfer patient demographic information and medication history into your roster in your Luminello account. DrFirst charges various fees for this process. Learn more here.
If you are switching from a handwritten system or your personal computer:
- Demographic and billing info:
- For billing, you can say, “okay, you have a $100 balance … I’ll send you a final billing statement from our old system, then your first statement from Luminello will start with a balance of $100.” Click here to learn how to enter an initial balance into a patient's chart.
Custom Onboarding Options
If you'd like additional custom onboarding assistance, we offer various options:
- Basic chart set-up: Free if we can automate the import based on our CSV (spreadsheet) template, which is available here. You must use our template to enter the information that will be uploaded, or from another EMR that provides a usable export.
- Address (street, city, zip)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- For Simple Practice clinicians, we've created this article to help you make the switch.
- [Optional] Mazza Virtual Assistants: Receive US-based administrative, marketing, and billing services without long-term contracts or minimums, just paying for what you are using. Click here to learn more and book a discovery call.
If you have any questions, please contact us.