How do I import info from old charts?
We understand the importance of getting you up and running on Luminello as smoothly and efficiently as possible. While transitioning from your old system to Luminello may require some effort, we have simplified the process to facilitate a seamless experience. In this article, we will provide you with helpful tips for transitioning from your old system and outline various options for onboarding assistance.
Tips for transitioning from your old system
Regardless of what system you've been using, consider either of these approaches:
- The “Marathon” Route: Allocate a dedicated weekend or block a day or two off from work to transfer all the necessary information. We recommend carefully evaluating whether inactive patient charts need to be transferred.
- The “Easy As You Go” Approach: Create new Luminello charts for patients/clients during their sessions by spending a few minutes at the beginning or end of each appointment.
If you are switching from another EMR/EHR
- All at once: If your current EMR/EHR allows for it, we can import patient demographics. Please follow these steps:
- Confirm with your current vendor if they can provide an export of your data.
- Share the exported file using this template via a secure Google Drive folder. We will review it to ensure compatibility with our system. Any automated imports are done free of charge.
- Note: PCI regulations prevent the inclusion of credit card (cc) information in any imported data or stored records.
- One-by-one: To transfer patient information gradually, follow these steps:
- Create a chart in Luminello within seconds.
- Upload documents or attachments into new charts easily.
- Gather additional demographic and billing information gradually during active sessions.
- During sessions with active patients/clients, you have the opportunity to gather additional non-required information for the chart, such as their address, phone number, and date of birth. You can inform them that you are transitioning to Luminello and kindly request a review of these details, allowing for a gradual and convenient process rather than completing everything at once.
- Regarding billing, you can inform the patient/client about their existing balance, for example, "You currently have a balance of $100. I will send you a final billing statement from our previous system, and your first statement from Luminello will begin with a balance of $100."
- To initiate the first note in Luminello, a helpful approach is to copy and paste your previous note from the old EMR system directly into Luminello, allowing for seamless continuity of patient/client records.
Transitioning from a Handwritten System or Personal Computer
- Create a chart within seconds.
- Upload the .docx or .pages files into the respective charts effortlessly.
- Gather additional demographic and billing information gradually during active sessions. Click here to learn how to add initial balance to a patient's/client's chart.
Custom Onboarding Options
We offer additional custom onboarding assistance to meet your specific needs. Here are the available options:
- Basic chart set-up: If your data can be automated using our CSV template (available here) or exported from another EMR/EHR, we can assist you with the initial chart set-up. The following information is required: name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address. Using our template is essential for successful upload. This service is provided free of charge.
- For Simple Practice clinicians, we've created this article to help you make the switch.
- DrFirst integration: For existing users of DrFirst, we offer an import process to transfer patient demographic information and medication history into your Luminello account. Please note that DrFirst charges various fees for this process. Learn more here.
- Mazza Virtual Assistants (optional): To simplify administrative, marketing, and billing services without long-term contracts or minimums, consider utilizing Mazza Virtual Assistants. You only pay for the services you use. Click here to learn more and book a discovery call.
If you have any questions, please contact us.