DOSESPOT: How do I get help for e-Prescribe issues?
Luminello, in conjunction with our partners, provides support to clinicians who experience e-Rx transmission issues.
Here's an overview of how e-prescriptions are sent to pharmacies:
- Luminello provides a platform where the patient/client and clinician data are connected.
- Behind the scenes, DoseSpot provides the user interface (the screens you see and buttons you click) in ''Charts>Rx>Send E-Rx'' to enable clinicians to e-prescribe.
- Surescripts is the "engine" that powers the transmission of the e-Rx to the pharmacy.
Read on to learn more about how support works, and for troubleshooting tips.
- DoseSpot's interface has been certified by Surescripts and the DEA for sending controlled (and non-controlled) substances.
- DoseSpot controls the e-Rx and EPCS set-up process in conjunction with DEA regulations.
- DoseSpot controls the e-refills process.
- Any bugs related to any of the above must be fixed by Dosespot, which is open standard business hours, Eastern Time.
- Luminello will coordinate the support process, but only Dosespot can troubleshoot/fix e-Rx processes or bugs. Please note Dosespot's hours, above.
- The most common issue Luminello clinicians face with Dosespot when e-prescribing is after having changed/upgraded phones. To learn more about this, see this article.
- The green checkmark you see after a prescription has been sent means the prescription has been successfully transmitted to the Surescripts network.
- Surescripts does not provide customer support directly to Luminello users; however, it will work with Dosespot and Luminello to troubleshoot any issues.
- The most common issue Luminello providers face with Surescripts is when pharmacies state a prescription wasn't received. To learn more about this, see this article.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.