How do I create/edit a billing code?
Scroll down to learn how to:
- Create a billing code (including add-on codes)
- Edit a billing code
- Delete a billing code
Note: Your rates are entered in a different area. Please see this article to find out where to enter your rates.
OR can watch this webinar about the insurance and billing basics here:
How do I create a billing code?
1. Go to Financial>Billing Codes, and then the Billing Codes below that.
2. Click "Add a billing code", situated at the bottom.
3. Enter the appropriate code and description in the boxes that appear, then click "Save".
4. When billing a patient in their Chart under Billing>All Transactions>Procedure Code, your newly created code/s will now be visible under the 'procedure code' list.
How do I edit a billing code?
1. Click on the code number itself (in orange), make the appropriate changes in the box that appears, then click "Update".
How do I delete a billing code?
1. Click on the code number itself, then click "Delete" in the box that appears below it.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.