How do I create/edit a custom form using the form builder?
With the form builder, you can build custom templates, questionnaires, and administrative documents. Read on to learn more or watch this webinar about the form builder basics:
1. To begin, go to the "Practice" tab on the navigational panel>"Practice">"My Form Builder". Note: if you've arrived here from the "Compose Note" screen, skip down to Step 2.
2. Pick the type of document you wish to create.
- Questionnaire - Intakes - This form asks patients/clients questions in preparation for an intake. Once submitted, you can review the chart results and even pre-fill a new intake note with the answers.
- Questionnaire - Follow-Up - This form asks patients/clients questions in preparation for a follow-up. Once submitted, you can review the chart results and pre-fill a new SOAP note with the answers once submitted.
- Note template - Intakes - This form is used to compose intake notes with custom fields that our basic intake notes don't have.
- Note template - Follow-Up - This form is used for composing SOAP notes with custom fields that our basic SOAP note doesn't have.
- Note template - Free text - This form is used to compose free text notes with custom fields that our basic free text notes don't have.
3. Enter the name of your custom form under "Form Title".
4. Drag and drop elements under "Question types" into the form area. To see what the question types look like, read this article. 5. Once a question type has been dragged into the form builder; you can:
- Customize the text and answer choices by clicking "Edit." To see this process in more detail, read this article.
- Delete or copy the question type by first clicking "More".
Note: Questions can be placed in any order and rearranged by dragging and dropping them into different positions within the form.
6. To create an additional page, click the "+" button next to "Page 1". 7. Once you are done with editing, click "Save Form."
Note: For best visibility on mobile devices, your answer choices should only take up one column.
Want to hire us to build a custom form for you? We can even meet with you, and you can "dictate" your form to us. Learn more.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.