How to submit a corrected claim to insurance?
For corrected claims to be coded correctly on an electronic claim through Apex:
- Log in to your Apex account
- Retrieve the claim in question by going to the "Claim Status" area and entering the name, date, etc.
- Click "Edit & Re-submit"
- Make changes as desired
- In box 19, enter CORRECTEDCLAIM.
- Do not add any other notes in box 19.
- You will also then need to put the claim number from the original claim received from the payer (ICN or inner control number from the payer, located on the EOB/ERA)
in box 22 which is the "Original Reference Number" box on the HCFA form.
- Without the information above the claim will be rejected as a duplicate.
That's it! If you have any questions, please contact us.