How do I view/add/edit/delete billing transactions?
See below for a step-by-step guide or watch a webinar about the insurance and billing basics here:
To view, edit and/or delete billing transactions, you can go into a chart's billing section:
Or, through the ''Shortcuts'' menu on the home page by selecting the patient under "My Charts" and then ''View billing'' from the ''Go to'' dropdown menu:
To add a billing transaction:
1. Click on "Add transaction".
2. Select an entry type.
3. Select a Procedure Code.
4. Add a modifier, if required.
5. Select the ''Fee Type''.
6. Enter an amount.
7. If you have received payment for this transaction, select a payment method on the ''Payment'' dropdown and enter the payment amount.
8. Finally, click on ''Add Transaction''.
9. You will receive a success message once the transaction is added.
To edit a billing transaction:
1. Click on "Edit" from the drop-down menu to the right of the transaction you want to update.
2. After you click "Edit", this is what you'll see:
If adding or editing a billing transaction, select from the codes you have created. (If you haven't done this already, learn how to do this here.)
To delete a billing transaction:
1. Click on "Delete" from the drop-down menu to the right of the transaction you want to delete.
2. After you click delete, select "Yes, Proceed".
That's it!! If you have any questions, please contact us.