Step 7: Activating EPCS
Per DEA regulations, this process must be completed by a "trusted assistant" as an additional security measure. Whoever you have designated to receive your practice admin email (note: you may send to any email address you wish) will enter their info, and you will enter yours simultaneously, whether in-person, via screenshare, or any other means. We recommend sending this to someone you can be in the same room with to make it most efficient (co-worker if during the day or family/ friend in the evening).
For reference, please see the following steps in the article below:
1. Have the recipient of the email log into Rcopia using the credentials we provided through the following link. After the assistant logins, go to the menu tab and click on "Utilities," then click on the Logical Access Control (LAC).
2. The ''Active'' button should be clicked on as shown below.
3. Your trusted assistant's first and last name must be entered under the"Granting Administrator" section.
4. Now it's your turn under "Authorizing Prescriber" - enter your NPI number and click on ''Validate''.
5. Beneath your NPI, select your device from the list.
6. Enter your signing passphrase.
7. Enter the six-digit PIN from your OTP token.
8. Click on ''Authorize'' to finalize the process.
That's it. If you have any questions, contact us.