How do I create shortcuts for my notes?
Premium subscribers can create text "snippets" that save significant time in composing notes.
Note: Do not copy/paste from Word or any other 3rd party application into snippets, as the "hidden code" from those programs may cause Luminello to render them incorrectly and as such appear "broken." Learn more here.
1. On the Navigation bar, click "Charts".
2. Click "Snippets".
3. In the left-hand column, enter a shortcut phrase - a few keystrokes that you'll type in your note. See below for examples.
4. In the right-hand column, enter the phrase you'd like to show up in your note once you type those keystrokes. These can be multi-lined and have formatting.
5. Click the "Save" button to save and give you the option to create another snippet. You can have as many snippets as you like.
6. To delete a snippet, click the trash can.
7. And for the good part! To use your shortcuts in notes, simply type a period, then the shortcut phrase, followed by another period, and then press the space button. Once the space button is pressed, the full phrase will appear, as seen below. So for the shortcut "limit" you would type .limit. followed by the space bar.
You can also use these examples:
.dys. ---> MSE: Alert, fully oriented, friendly, cooperative, good eye contact. Speech of regular rate, rhythm, volume and clarity. Mood depressed with dysthymic, congruent affect of restricted range and intensity, without lability. TP C/L/GD no FOI/LOA. TC at this time, no evidence of SI/HI/AVH/del. J/I/C/reality testing/memory - all WNL
.sii. ---> Denies SI at this time or in the time since we last met.
.other. ---> Other major changes or new stressors since we last met denied
If you have a Word/Google Docs template, you must paste that into a snippet as plain text.
- On Macs - via the plain text mode of TextEdit - see how here: Oh no, my note looks terrible/has info missing! What happened?).
- Via Notepad in Windows - see visual here: How to "strip" the code of a note to paste into Luminello (on PC).
You can then add your own formatting in the snippet editor box, then save the snippet, and the formatting should save perfectly every time you insert the snippet into your notes.
That's it!! If you have any questions, please contact us.