How do I force files to open in a new tab instead of download to my computer?
Files you click on in Luminello should, by default, open in a new tab in your browser window. If instead, the files are downloading, find your browser below and update its settings.
You can normally open PDFs automatically in Chrome by clicking on the file you want to see.
If your PDFs are downloading instead of opening automatically in Chrome, Chrome PDF viewer could be turned off.
1. Open your Chrome settings by clicking the settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
2. At the top right, click "Settings."
3. At the bottom, click "Advanced"
4. Under “Privacy and security”, click "Content settings."
5. Under “PDF Documents," "make sure Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" is OFF.
1. Launch Safari, and then choose Preferences.
2. In the Preferences window, choose Security and then click the Website Settings button for Internet plug-ins.
Firefox includes a built-in PDF viewer that allows you to view almost all PDF files found on the web without a plugin.
The built-in PDF viewer is enabled by default. If this is not occurring, see Firefox's support article on this here.
Internet Explorer 8 and later:
1. Open Internet Explorer, and choose Tools>Manage Add-ons.
2. Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
3. In the Show menu, select ''All Add-ons''.
4. In the list of add-ons, select Adobe PDF Reader.
Microsoft Windows 10 will ship with two browsers: Internet Explorer 11 and the new Edge browser.
The Edge browser will be the default browser, and Internet Explorer 11 will be available to support legacy workflows. The new Edge browser will not have any support for ActiveX plug-ins. Therefore, the Acrobat/Reader plug-in won't work with Edge. For more information, see Change in support for Acrobat and Reader plug-ins in modern web browsers.
Use Internet Explorer 11 to open PDFs. To enable the Acrobat/Reader plug-in in Internet Explorer, see the steps in the previous section.
1. Launch the Opera web browser and press the hotkey ''Alt+P'' to open the settings.
2. Make sure that you select the ''Websites'' section from the left-side before scrolling down the settings screen to find the ''PDF Documents'' feature.
3. Ensure that the checkbox labeled ''Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application'' is not turned on.
If you have any questions, please contact us.