Tell me more about credit card processing
Simply sign up for a merchant account with our partner, Bluefin, and you'll have the ability to process patient/client credit cards and debit cards in Luminello! Key benefits:
- Competitive rates for MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. See the monthly and per-transaction fees below.
- Save valuable time with Luminello integration
- No more awkward swiping at the end of a session
- Patients/clients can enter their own credit card info, see their real-time balance, and make a payment in the portal (premium subscribers only)
- Auto-reminders are sent to you and the patient/client as the card approaches its expiration date
- Real human customer support
- PCI compliance support
- Per-transaction fees: We've teamed up with Bluefin to offer a flat-rate for all transactions of 2.99% + 15 cents/transaction. We don't offer "teaser rates" or "tiered pricing" because most transactions will end up costing you far more than you anticipated and the flat-rate we offer.
- Monthly fees: There is a required $12.95 monthly PCI compliance support fee which goes directly to providing you with a host of time-saving tools to minimize your PCI administrative burden. This fee is not being charged by Luminello. Yet even with this monthly fee, many of our users will save significantly over the likes of Square, PayPal or Stripe.
- Monthly minimum: If your total transaction fees and per-item charges are less than $20 in credit card processing fees per month, Bluefin will also charge a fee to bring the total to at least $20. This means you will need to charge at least $670/month to avoid this additional monthly fee completely. In other words, you will be charged your standard merchant processing fees, or $20, whichever is greater. (Note: this is independent of the $12.95 monthly PCI compliance fee, which is charged regardless of your monthly charges.)
- Your first month's fee and minimum are waived so you can try things out risk-free!
- All Credit card processing accounts have interchange and card association fees. These are very minimal fees amounting to 1% or less of your monthly sales volume and will be reflected.
Please note the following key differences between Flat Rates and Non-Flat Rates:
Non-flat rates are highly variable, as it depends on what types of credit cards patients use (frequent flier miles cards, corporate cards vs debit or non-rewards cards). Many airlines cards, even swiped, would carry rates over 3%. Non-flat rate cards also have additional MC/Visa/Amex assessments tacked on (buried in the contract you sign) that can add up to 0.25-0.5% more that we include in the flat rate.
Save time by processing transactions within Luminello
- Credit card info is saved, so you don't have to swipe or re-enter. Just "set it and forget it."
- You can save credit card info in Billing>Credit cards, or patients/clients can enter their own credit card number in their portal, thereby significantly reducing your PCI compliance burden (premium subscribers only).
- Once a card is saved, you can run or pre-authorize credit card transactions from the "Add transaction" screen.
- You can also run credit card transactions in the accounts receivable area. This allows for "rapid fire" end-of-month billing!
- When the transaction is approved, the following happens:
- Billing>history is automatically updated. No double entry!
- Funds are transferred into your checking account within 2-3 business days
- Applicable transaction fees are debited from your account
- You will receive a monthly statement detailing all income and charges
PCI compliance support
- PCI compliance is the "HIPAA of the financial world" - these are security requirements EVERY merchant must meet to avoid huge fines and responsibility for breached credit card info (think Home Depot, Target, etc.).
- With the monthly PCI compliance support fee, you will have access to Trustwave services, which includes walking you through the annual PCI "quiz" and scanning of your computer if needed.
- If you have PCI compliance questions, you can talk to a specialist who can answer your questions.
- Even if you take PayPal, Square, or Stripe, you still need to be PCI compliant - but they don't provide any support for that process. We are committed to relieving this burden for every clinician so you are not held responsible in case of a data breach!
- Learn more about PCI compliance requirements here
How do I sign up?
1. Start your Bluefin application in Financial > Credit Cards, OR call Bluefin at 800-675-6573 x7802 and do the application over the phone. Note: per federal regulations, the following info will need to be sent to Bluefin. You can fax these to them, or take a picture on your phone and email it.
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of business license
- Voided check
2. Bluefin will approve your application in 2-4 business days; then, we'll let you know you're good to go!
Note: Once you complete the Bluefin application, please upload a copy of your Driver´s License and a copy of a voided check in the upload portion of the application. The check must be from a checkbook and can't be a starter check. Attaching these documents will allow the application to be approved with virtually no delays. If there are any questions about this process please contact our dedicated Bluefin Representative, Kelvin Reid at 770-709-7802.
Want to start saving time and accepting credit cards within Luminello? Sign up now».
If you have any questions, please contact us.