Tell me more about credit card processing
Sign up for a merchant account with our partner, Bluefin, and you'll have the ability to process patient/client credit cards and debit cards in Luminello! Here are the key benefits:
- Competitive rates for MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover of 2.90% + $.30/transaction. We don't offer "teaser rates" or "tiered pricing" because most transactions will end up costing you far more than you anticipated as opposed to the flat rate we offer.
- Patients can also make payments in Luminello using their HSA or FSA cards.
- Save valuable time with Luminello integration.
- No more awkward swiping at the end of a session.
- Patients/clients can enter their own credit card info, see their real-time balance, and pay in the portal.
- Auto-reminders are sent to you and the patient/client as the card approaches its expiration date.
- Real human customer support.
- Charge credit cards automatically for any invoices not paid in full. Click here to learn more.
- PCI compliance support.
Please note the following key differences between Flat Rates and Non-Flat Rates:
Non-flat rates are highly variable, as it depends on what types of credit cards patients use (frequent flier miles cards, corporate cards vs. debit or non-rewards cards). Many airline cards, even swiped, would carry rates over 3%. Non-flat rate cards also have additional MC/Visa/Amex assessments tacked on (buried in the contract you sign) that can add up to 0.25-0.5% more than we include in the flat rate.
Save time by processing transactions within Luminello
- Credit card info is saved, so you don't have to swipe or re-enter. Just "set it and forget it."
- You can add a credit card by going to Charts>Billing>Settings, or you can ask your patient/client to add it to the portal, thereby significantly reducing your PCI compliance burden (here is an article you can send to her/him to show her/him how).
- Once a card is saved, you can process payment or pre-authorization credit card transactions by clicking "Add transaction" in the patient's chart and then selecting your transaction from the "Entry Type" dropdown menu.
- Proceed to the "Payment" dropdown menu to select the credit card and click "Add transaction"!
- You can also run credit card transactions by going to "Financials">"Financial Summary">" Accounts Receivable. Then click on the dropdown menu of the corresponding patient to select your desired transaction. This method also allows for "rapid fire" end-of-month billing.
When the transaction is approved, the following happens:
- Billing history is automatically updated. No double entry!
- Funds are transferred into your checking account within 2-3 business days.
- Applicable transaction fees are debited from your account.
- You will receive a monthly statement detailing all income and charges.
PCI compliance support
- PCI compliance is the "HIPAA of the financial world" - these are security requirements EVERY merchant must meet to avoid huge fines and responsibility for breached credit card info (think Home Depot, Target, etc.).
- With the monthly PCI compliance support fee, you will have access to Trustwave services, which include walking you through the annual PCI "quiz" and scanning your computer if needed.
- If you have PCI compliance questions, you can talk to a specialist to answer your questions.
- Even if you take PayPal, Square, or Stripe, you still need to be PCI compliant - but they don't support that process. We are committed to relieving this burden for every clinician, so you are not held responsible in case of a data breach!
- Learn more about PCI compliance requirements here
Want to start saving time and accepting credit cards within Luminello? Sign-up now!
If you have any questions, please contact us.